Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Birthday Fun Day, Part 1

I realize my birthday was in March, and now it's July... better late than never. What I wanted for my birthday was a "fun day" planned by Robb. Finally, we got around to it sometime in April. We started out by going to The Greenhouse, which we hadn't been to in a long time.
Orange tree!
Huge Bird of Paradise (which we saw everywhere wild on our recent trip to Florida)

Actually, we saw a lot of these palms in Florida! The green house is like a mini Florida.

Wierd trunk

Grapefruit!

This was a beautiful spot where we just wished we could sit in! Lovely orchidsI love this mossy ground cover and all of the ferns around. Wish I could make my yard look like that! I believe these were varieties of hibiscus' I just loved the delicate pink trim around the petals

Really cool flowering bush Me and a bunch of liliesWe were just about a week shy of all these Easter lilies being in full bloom. It still smelled fantastic with just the few that were opened Prickly cactus room. I'm amazed these can grow so big in not desert Ohio.

HUGE cactus!

Pretty bush-tree

Then afterwards Robb took me to Tommy's for my favorite MR3 and fresh cut fries! What a great birthday day!

No comments: