Friday, April 13, 2012

Interesting Article

I don't know how, but I've stumbled upon this very interesting article that I very much relate to. Being a "new" 9 month old vegetarian, isn't as easy as you'd think. I've had a good amount of strange carnivore comments, as well as adjusting, and realizing, how sadly (to me) meals are completely centered around dead animals. I became a vegetarian, and was probably destined to become, due to my love for all animals. I had a traumatic experience of eating Emeril's lovely duck, all to walk out of the restaurant to see a mama duck and her ducklings happily swimming around in the lagoon. It totally hit me...I ate daddy! How horrible! Not to mention, I probably didn't eat daddy, but at a duck who spent his whole life overstuffed in a cage, being pumped full of hormones, breaking his legs, unable to ever walk or have fresh air, so he'd be nice and plump and juicy to eat. Soon after that I did my first juice cleanse, which in preparation required the complete elimination of animal products. After that, eating flesh was history. (Not to mention the other highly disturbing Thanksgiving when I was stopped in the road by a beautiful flock of over twenty wild turkeys crossing the road, on the way to Thanksgiving dinner!) So, in this article, I can relate to some of the carnivore comments. My way of responding to vegetarian critique is to say, " I don't eat anything with a face."
http://www.salon.com/2011/08/24/vegetarian_carnivore_conversation/singleton/?mobile.html

No comments: