Friday, June 28, 2013

Pickin' Cherries

About 3 years ago at our garage sale, a guy started eating cherries off our tree! I didn't know they were edible, and found out they were tart cherries. So ever since, we've been picking cherries. Last year my mom picked some, but they were very hard to reach. So, this year Robb brought home his bucket truck, aka cherry picker, and I went to town. It doesn't look like I even touched the cherries on the tree. There at still so many left!
I was scared at first to be in this bucket so high up. It was wobbly, but when I got  used to it, it was kind of fun. 
The best bunches of cherries were all the way up top. 
I'm giving these to my mom who will pit them and give them back as cherry pie! I may even have to make some cherry crisp. Yum! Cherries!

No comments: