Thursday, July 11, 2013

Visiting the Yoders and Millers

Friday, we took off work and went to Amish Country so Robb could do some antique shopping.  
He really likes to look at antiques and flea markets.  I'm not a big fan, but it was his birthday.  And there's plenty else I do like in Amish Country.  (Cheese, more cheese, crafty shops, fresh air, etc)
This time, antique shopping was actually pretty fun.  We were looking for specific things, which made it more fun to look for hidden treasures for hours.  I even found some crafty things I could make that would look good in our yard.  
This guy was making ice cream the Amish way.  He had it turning in a bucket powered by this mini tractor!  We had samples, it was very creamy and delicious!
Cool bench, could totally make that as a plant stand for our back yard.
How cute is this!  A bird house and bird feeder in one!  Bird Bed & Breakfast!
Another cute bird house!
       I loved this:  A birdcage with plant in it.  How creative!
Good idea for reusable garden signs.  Chalkboard paint a stake.
Easy garage decor.  Since we finished our deck/patio area, we're in the decorating mood.
Good use for old boots!  Robb just got a new pair, so I can use his old ones!

We ended up finding an old washboard for our laundry room decoration, a few apple crates for backyard planter stands, two bird feeders and a squirrel feeder, glass plates and vase for my bird feeder project, and a washtub for my fairy garden.  We brought home cheese, mini pies, cinnamon buns, and a donut!  We had a really great day in Amish Country.

No comments: