Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pretty Yummy Lunch

Sometimes, I just create recipes with what i have in the house. It started with leftover zucchini, so I baked it with bread crumbs and parmesan. This itself turned out delicious enough, but I went further and decided I needed a dipping sauce. We are our of marinara, so I whipped up a creamy pesto sauce from a packet I had in my spice drawer forever. I put the pesto on top of some French bread ends (that I ended up throwing out from freezer burn), and drizzled the sauce over the zucchini. Yum! I'm glad I have one more zucchini left and extra sauce to make this again. 

3 comments:

Jill said...

definitely making this!! And I ADORE the pics of you and Braden at Melt! Sooo cute!

Unknown said...

Looks yummy! Is it dairy or vegan Parmesan cheese? I think the vegan is pretty good.

Robb and Carisa said...

It was regular parmesan cheese, but I agree, the vegan is really good. Usually, I use that, but I'm out. To make this vegan, you could substitute the egg for flax/water mix before dipping in the bread crumb mixture.