Tuesday, November 25, 2014

No Poo

Made you look!  No, it's not what you thought... ;0)
I'm trying the "no poo" (no shampoo) method of shampooing and conditioning my hair. My scalp is pretty oily, and I'm SICK of washing and drying so much. So now I wash my hair with baking soda and water and condition with cider vinegar and water. This is quite an experiment, designed to trick my scalp into not producing so much oil because of the ph combination of the baking soda and vinegar on my scalp. Supposedly it's supposed to make my scalp think there's already enough sebum and not make more. It's only been a few weeks, but I can say that my hair is clean and now I can go three days without washing, instead of two. It feels strange in the shower, like it's not cleaning, but strangely totally does! It's a small victory, one extra day, but I'll take it and hope it continues to grow. 


No comments: