Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Strawberry Pickin

Every year, Robb and I pick lots of strawberries to make homemade jam, frozen strawberries, and strawberry daiquiris. Usually we go to Rainbow Farms http://www.rainbowfarmsonline.com/ to pick our berries. They have several different varieties to pick from, and also have black raspberries and red raspberries in July. We pick out blackberries and blueberries at Secor's in Perry. This year on pickin' day, Robb had to go be Mr. Electric, and Jill was in town, so I picked her up to be my pickin' partner. Jill had never gone before, but ate my jam, so it was fun to take her. We ended up going to Patterson's Fruit Farm http://www.pattersonfarm.com/ to pick because it was closer to where we were. We picked Allstar berries for 2 hours. Jill ended up with 11 pounds, and I got 29 1/4 pounds! It rained on us just for a little while, but it didn't stop us! Picking is addictive cause there's always one more good berry you just have to get! We had a great time!

Strawberry fields

Me pickin'

Jill pickin'

One of my batches!

Jill's batch!

Close up berries! Yum!

Car full of berries!

No comments: