Friday, October 30, 2009

We're good at raffles!

So a few Saturday's ago, we went with Robb's friend Joe and his girlfriend to a benefit party for a little girl. They had all kinds of raffles and prizes to help this kid, so we played just about every game. One of the games was to buy these tickets and put them in little boxes that were matched with a fun prize basket. All we had to do was wait for our number to be pulled out of the box and we won the prize! We all were especially amazed by these cookie baskets from Cheryl and Co., and each put a few tickets in, laughing about how cool it would be if we won... Well, in case you don't know, Robb and I are good at raffles. That's about the only game of chance that we actually seem to win at. Several times, we've won really cool prizes. Just like this time! Our number was called for one of the cookie baskets! Robb went up to get them and while he was walking back, they called one of our other numbers!!! I had them written down, and checked the sequence, and said, "Oh my gosh! I think we just won again!" I glanced at Robb while he was walking back with our giant basket of cookies! Sure enough, he knew it too, and we did a quick hand off of the tickets on my way up to get our second giant basket of cookies! We cleaned house!!! (and donated to a good cause :o) These are just half the cookies we won, cause we shared them with Joe. Still, I have to say, the other prizes may have been nicer, like a massage, or fancy dinner, but I've always wanted to try these cookies, and with this, really sampled every one! Now, I know.



No comments: