Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sweetest Night

Sweetest Day~ we have no idea why we celebrate it. Actually, I think it's a holiday made up by Hallmark, and mostly celebrated in Ohio. Anyhow, it gives us a reason to take a little time for something special. This year, I planned a love themed dinner. Everything we ate had an aphrodisiac quality, or so they say! Plus, I love to cook yummy food for my honey. They do say, ''the way to a man's heart, is through his stomach!" For appetizers, we had champagne and strawberries, and played some Skip Bo. Then our first course was a tossed salad of arugula with butter lettuce, topped with, strawberries, toasted pine nuts, pomegranate, blood orange, and chevre (goat cheese) with a raspberry vinagerette. After we digested our salad, our next course was firecracker shrimp pasta, with asparagus and roasted fennel. For dessert we were going to have bananas foster, but were so full that we decided to just relax and watch a movie. We still haven't made the bananas foster, so I made a really good chocolate chip banana bread with all our bananas. Our night out in was so romantic.

1 comment:

BriAnne Passerell said...

How beautiful and everything sounded so yummy. I wish I could cook like that..I need more patience and motivation.