Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Moms

Happy Mother's Day, Moms! We had two celebrations with our two moms this Mothers Day. First we went to my parents to surprise my mom with lunch. I made chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, with sides of potato salad and coleslaw. Topped that off with a orange flower cake, and voila! Happy Mother's Day!My mom. Her favorite color is orange, and she loves flowers! Perfect cake.Me and my momPicture of lunchYummy chicken saladRobb and momMom smelling her "flower"

Then we headed home to get my baby, and drove out to see Robb's mom at her campground. Last year, she got a beautiful new camper. I should've taken pictures, and I will next time. It's very nice, has a flushable toilet, shower, full kitchen, living room, and dining area, along with a little room full of bunk beds... mmm, Grandma's summer camp in the making? :o) For dinner I made chicken picatta and cavitellis. Kendra completed our dinner with salad, garlic bread, and apple pie a la mode! We hung out mostly inside, cause it was pretty cold, but got to enjoy the fire some too.

On her storage shed, there is a nest of cute little baby birds. They come back every year, and I sat by the fire and caught some pictures of the cuties! They would be real quiet, and then when their mama came with a worm, they'd peep their little heads off. It was so adorable! Cute little baby mouths! They're hungry!See the mom in the tree?Here she is, about to fly up there to feel her babies.They're all happy now! My baby loves camping!Happy boy!Cooking garlic bread! Robb, Mom, and Kendra, eyes wide open!! :o)

Happy Mother's Day to our two wonderful moms!! We love you!

No comments: