Monday, June 14, 2010

My New Bike!

I am SO excited! I've been missing riding a road bike for some time now. I love to do spinning class, but this stupid gym I joined, promised they'd have the class by spring, and still they don't! So, I decided that I'd buy a new road bike, and get back to riding. I tried running for exercise last year, but I really don't like to do it very much. I've never been much of a running lover, but always have loved to bike. My mountain bike is a fabulous bike, but really is made for off-road riding. I tried to put semi slick tires on it, but still, it takes a tremendous amount of effort to go anywhere near fast. Since I made the decision to get a new bike, I spent the last week going to various bike shops, to try and find the right size for me. I knew that I wanted an older model, because I knew that I could get much more "bang for my buck." The new models were junk for my budget, not providing many features, and I knew that if I looked long enough, I'd find one in good shape with everything I wanted. One day, Robb came home and said, "I found your bike!" He found it on Craigslist, and it was just perfect! It was a 2005 Lemond Reno, upgraded rear derailleur, carbon fiber fork and seat post, and just the right size! Plus, when we researched it online, it was a beautiful pearly white. Yesterday, we went to meet the bike out in North Olmsted. As soon as I sat on it, I knew, it was perfect! It was in brand new condition, with not a scratch on it! And, it was so fast! Here's a picture of my beautiful fast new bike!
I went on my first ride with is last night, and I'm in LOVE!  It shifts so smoothly, is very comfortable, and goes faster than ever!  I love my new bike!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your updates. Nice photos and videos!

Dad