Monday, September 20, 2010

Jungle Jim's Storm

Any time I visit Jill, I head 40 minutes south to one of my favorite stores, Jungle Jim's. It is the hugest grocery store ever. They carry food from all different countries around the world. When I visited for Braden's birthday, on the way home I made the stop. I got to Jungle Jim's, the sky was turning crazy colors. Loving the weather, I bravely got out of my car, and walked around, trying to capture some of the amazing lighting outside of the store... Here's the transition of this storm!
What first caught my eye as the storm rolled in, was the clear division between good and nasty weather! It was like a clear line was drawn across the sky.
Next, the bad weather went to terrible weather, and drew an even darker line across the sky.
I waited and waited to try to capture the gigantic lightning bolts, but the wind got extremely strong and it started to pour.
Plus, I thought about it, and didn't think it was a good idea to be beneath so many metal objects sticking out just asking for lightning to strike them.
Isn't that incredible? I wasn't able to capture the rain on my camera, it was coming down in sheets! But as this video shows, you can see the people running into the store as fast as they could!

No comments: