Monday, November 14, 2011

Yes, I'm a Trekkie!!

So, one bonus was the Sci Fi summer collaboration they had going with Star Trek. I love Star Trek! They had a whole exhibit with all kinds of Star Trek props. It was so cool!
This is the Enterprise 1701-D. Star Trek the Next Generation was my favorite!
Welcome to engineering, and the engines were in the background. It was cool to be able to push all the buttons that controlled the ship!
We were flying just perfect on our visit. This diagram shows if anything is wrong with the ship. No problems to report.
Shuttle crafts are little mini spaceships the crew would go exploring with. This was a little mini display of different shuttle crafts. It was so cute!
Meet Lieutenant Worf. He's is a Klingon, and they had funny bumpy faces. Can you imaging having to wear this everyday at work?
And the biggest enemy of all?... THE BORG!!!!! They were really scary! They were heartless robot creatures that went around assimilating every race they came across into BORG monsters. They were very hard to stop, let alone destroy!
This Borg was charging up! It was really creepy to see this in person.
Here's a Borg's head. They had lots of tubes and devices so they could be controlled.
This costume was for the ships counselor, Troy. She was the only one who didn't wear traditional Star Trek uniforms.
Another one of her outfits.
Guinan, played by Whoopi Goldberg was the ship's bartender. Her planet was destroyed by the Borg, and she was rescued. She had a strange almost psychic ability that she sometimes used to help on missions or with problems.
And here's one of my favorite crew members, Data. He was an android who had super human abilities, and was on a life-long quest to understand and become more human.
This is Data's makeup. It was kinda creepy to see all these heads sitting everywhere.
After the Next Generation, (skipping over Deep Space Nine), my next favorite was Voyager. They got lost and were trying to find their way home. The Captain was Janeway, a woman, which was pretty cool. Here's her costume. She was tiny!
These displays were cool. They had all kinds of scanners...
And phasers...
This was the Enterprise's sick bay, see Lieutenant Worf standing there?
The medical doctor on board was Dr. Crusher. I was her for Halloween a long time ago, so I could dye my hair red! One of my first hair dying experiences! Although my mom made me use one of those old people rinses, and it didn't really change my hair much! I even got a very realistic Communicator!
I can't totally remember whose shuttle craft this was, I think it was Romulan.
And one of my very favorite characters, Captain Jean-Luc Picard. He was such a hero!
Robb was sitting in a Klingon Captain's chair!
And me too!
These are a bunch of other contries' phasers.
I likes this one, it showed all the Communicators throughout the years.
And here I am, in command of the original Enterprise! As you can see, my crew behind me, and I had a dress down day, but had the ship running along smoothly.
What a fun day in Star Trek land!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed sharing your visit to StarTrek land.

"Live long and prosper!"

Dad