Monday, October 8, 2012

Visit to New Jersey

In June, I took the Amtrak to visit my good friend Janet for her bachelorette party!  She lives in New Jersey, so I took the train from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia.  I actually really enjoyed the ride.
The train I took runs every day from Pittsburgh to NYC.  It took about 7 hours to get to Phili.
I paid a little extra and got to ride "first class."  I really enjoyed the extra leg room and free drinks!  The inside was just like a plane, except you had access to your luggage all the time.  
It was actually a very pretty ride.  Most of the way it was just woods.  I slept, watched movie, and read books.  The time went very quickly.  It was much better than driving, and much cheaper than flying.
The station in Phili was something else.  It looked really old.  It was all marble and very ornate.
This station was like a mini airport, with people everywhere, and a little food court.
That evening at Janet's house, Hannah (Janet's sister and maid of honor) planned a lovely night of wine and cheese, finger foods, and a girls only "tupperware" party.
This is Janet, bride to be!
Janet's sisters did an awesome job with all the food!  I loved the chocolate covered everythings.
Also love the many different wines, paired with cheese and fruit.
The next day, we drove to the beach, where we spent the day relaxing in the sun and swimming in the water.
I loved the ocean!  I went out an floated in it forever: 1) to cool off from the 100* sun and 2) to ease the stress on my broken ankle. The water did wonders. 

That evening we stayed in a local hotel, and went out to an ocean side restaurant, and then to a few bars.  I had such a great time celebrating with Janet and her friends!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Finally got to catch up on my blogs today and loved reading all the fun you've been having!! What a great trip to New Jersey! And I loved seeing the pics of Braden too! :-) xo

Robb and Carisa said...

I'm catching up too. Summer was busy, so
I'm starting with May...