Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Homemade Green Curry


My first attempt at making my own curry came out pretty good!
This curry (recipe here) has lemongrass, garlic, ginger, kefir lime leaf, lime zest, lime juice, shallot, green chili, turmeric,  coriander, cumin, and cilantro.  Actually, the recipe didn't call for lime leaf, but I love the flavor and it was a good decision, bringing out the citrus.  I reduced the 5 chilies in the recipe down to 1, after almost melting my face off when I licked just a little of the chili to test hotness   I gargled milk.  I hate milk and am eating vegan, but I didn't care because it's the only thing that neutralizes capsaicin from the chili.

Anyhow... after mixing all this up in my blender, I mixed it with a can of light coconut milk and simmered bok choy, chinese eggplant, green beans, sprouts, and some pre-cooked tofu.

Not to shabby for my first go at curry paste.  I have plenty of leftovers, so it may be even better after the flavors meld.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Hey, I'm just catching up on your blog! I'm LOVING the recipe posts!! I'll definitely be trying some of these. Good luck with the weight loss challenge - I hope you win that iPad!

BriAnne Passerell said...

yum!!

Robb and Carisa said...

Thanks!!!

Robb and Carisa said...

Thanks!!!