Friday, July 25, 2014

Every Six Years

I get to go to Put in Bay with my BF Jill!

We went twice before this, to celebrate Jill's 21st birthday, and the summer before her first kid was born.  This year we had the rare opportunity to go again for the day, and took it!

Our first stop was Bergman Orchards on the way in.  They have the BEST peaches, and I get a declcious cantelope and fresh corn.
I should've gotten the big box, mine were gone in two days!
Then we boarded the Miller Ferry for the half hour float to the island.
Wouldn't that be a nice vacation home! Welcome to Put in Bay!
After picking up (and learning how to stop) our ride for the day, we had some lunch and hit the shops downtown.
This was one of the last wooden carousels left in the world.  However, I don't understand the roosters and carved fish...
Makes me think of my pup. He'd be so scared on a golf cart I think.
Ahhhh, Heineman's and The CAVE. We definitely have some memories here!
We relaxed and had some wine out on the patio.
Delicious sweet Lake Erie wines
Then we found a beach to relax at. It was almost comfortable to lay on the stones, like a hot stone massage.
The water was clear and cool and refreshed my hot feet
On our way from the beach, we passed the Butterfly house, which I really wanted to see.

This is the "lab" where the are continuously growing new butterflies for the exhibit. 
This guy was huge! Almost the size of my hand. 
Beautiful blue butterfly drinking from his flower.
The lady told me this was a rare butterfly to see, it was just at then end of my time in there, and was gigantic! So beautiful!
We had dinner at a restaurant overlooking the lake.  This was our view of the marina and monument while we waited outside.
We didn't have time enought to look closer at the monument, but I wanted to get a picture even still. 
It was later than we'd planned, so we ended up racing, as fast as out golf cart could go, back to the parking lot, and RAN to meet the ferry.  Running was supposed to be outlawed from then ferry experience, as last time, we ran to the ferry and I stubbed the front of my toe off.  But this time, I made it with no blood loss!

I just love this rare time together I get with my BF.  I really treasure it, and hope we don't have to wait another six years to come back. Next time, we're bringing our tent! :0)


No comments: