Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Some Catching Up...Visiting Janet in NJ - Day 1

I had the chance to visit my dear friend Janet, in NJ, for a long weekend this summer.  Her and her husband Nick were so hospitable to me, and made my trip very special.  
The first day for lunch, they took me to this most magnificent pizza restaurant I had ever been to. It was like pizza Friday times a billion.  They must've has forty different pizzas ready to order.  I got a spinach, tomato ricotta pan pizza, and a rotini vodka cream sauce new your pizza.  So delicious!
After shopping around a cute little town and getting settled in, after dinner we walked to her neighborhood ice cream parlor for a Skookie. What's a Skookie? The most delicious, worth-every-calorie dessert around. They take a warm fresh baked while you wait chocolate chip cookie, top it with two ice cream scoops and two toppings of your choice.  Add whipped cream and a cherry, and all you have is yummines!
Ready to eat our Skookie! And devoure it we did!  

1 comment:

BriAnne Passerell said...

Looks like fun!! That skookie looks to die for!