Sunday, February 21, 2010

One of my FAVORITE foods!

Although not topping my favorite food S'mores, Wild Maine Blueberries sure are tasty little things! If you haven't had them, I encourage you to seek out Wymans blueberry products. They sell juice (at BJ's), and frozen blueberries (at Heinen's). Just a sip or bit, will make you understand why these are so very superb! In my opinion, they are more flavorful, and tastier than our regular grocery store variety. I sprinkle them in my oatmeal in the mornings to remind myself of Maine, before I go to work in stupid Cleveland for the day. Wild Blueberries are a cousin to our grocery store variety, high bush blueberry, and are a different low bush wildly growing plant. They are literally everywhere in Maine. Last May, I saw the flowers of the plant, that look like little white-but-blueish-tinted, bells. They are harvested with an "Edward Scissorhands" tool that scrapes the berries off of the plant. They are all still hand harvested. Really not much beats a fresh thick Maine blueberry pie! Or blueberry pancakes, with blueberry syrup. Or blueberry muffins, with blueberry juice. Or wild blueberry beer! I think every day in Maine, I tried to get something blueberry because of how amazing the taste is. Blueberry ice cream at Brown's is really one of my favorite things on Earth.
Eating our double scoop Brown's ice cream, Robb: blue moon, me: half wild blueberry (already gone) and half ginger.

So, I'm a big fan of Wild Maine Blueberries. I'm a member of the Wild Blueberry Association, and would like to welcome their blog to our blog. (Go all the way to the bottom of the blog, and click on the link.) I'm so glad for Wild Blueberries!!

No comments: