Monday, August 16, 2010

Alicia's Baby Shower

My good friend at work Alicia, is having her first baby in a matter of days! She will have a little boy named Jordan! She is very excited as this is her first child ever! Good luck on your delivery Alicia! Can't wait to meet your little one!
Here's highlights from her baby shower back in June. Alicia and her family are Jamacian, so instead of it being a "girls only" event, the entire family gets together to celebrate! It was pretty fun! The food at her party was superbly authentic Jamacian cuisine. I ate delicious jerk chicken, peas and rice, and also curried goat! Everything was fantastic in celebration of little Jordan!

Alicia and her cakeSideways cake pictureMe and Alicia

All the fun presents!
She looks happy about this box!

And then the joke knit booties I got her... Alicia was joking at work and said that she was glad I was coming to her party because she really wanted my hand knit booties! I was like, "I don't knit! Why do you think I knit?" She just thought I looked like a knitter! Then we were lauging about it, and did a survery of the people at the office who thought I knit. 3/5 people thought I was capable of being a knitter! For the record, I am a failed knitter. I tried to knit once with a book, and made what turned out to be a scarf big enough to fit a cat, and never figured out how to tie the ends, so currently it's still on the sticks... So I had to find a pair of little boy knit booties to pretend was my creation for her! It was pretty funny.

No comments: