Thursday, January 20, 2011

Christmas Eve

The next Christmas celebration we went to was at my (Carisa's) parents for Christmas Eve dinner. First we talked to my sister on the computer and opened presents with her, which was pretty cool. She gave me a Malian necklace that you get for your wedding, and Robb got a handmade bottle opener. I gave my sister ingredients to make pizza with her millet flour, and shampoo that you don't need water for. My mom cooked her traditional butt roast (I think that's what she said :o), cauliflower and onion casserole, mashed potatoes, and red and green jello. To go with our dinner was coffee cake, which even though the bakers mistakenly put raisins in it (I HATE HATE HATE HATE raisins- only food on earth I can't stand (along with overcooked mushy carrots)), half of it didn't have too many, so it was still good. For dessert, we had a mint chocolate chip ice cream roll from Baskin Robins, and then moved in to the living room, by the fireplace and tree to open presents! We gave my dad a Salad Spinner, and my mom perfume. Robb got some tools, and I got clothes, pj's, and my favorite thing ever, a Soda Stream! A Soda Stream makes regular water into carbonated water, by just pushing a button to get the fizz in, and is just amazing. You can add flavors to make pop, or put a lemon in it for a refreshing drink. Having a Soda Stream makes drinking more water very easy! I love it. Fancy dinner!Ice cream cake!Pretty Christmas tree!My dad's train. It's really cool, and blows real steam out of the engine!Robb and some tools
My dad opening his Salad SpinnerMom is about to get her perfume!

No comments: