Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 30th birthday! I had a wonderful day! I woke up to a Happy Birthday text from my good friend BriAnne, then got a Happy Birthday phone call from Jill. As I laid on my air mattress with my Charley, I got another call from my friend Blerina, and a Happy Birthday email from my work friends, Carleen and Peggy and another from BriAnne. Then I went to lunch at La Malfa for the United Way of Lake County's Celebrity server luncheon. I had lunch with several of my work friends, and had a yummy St. Patrick's Day meal of corned beef and cabbage.
Maria (Mentor/Richmond manager), Kim (Eastlake Manager), and me (Mortgage Originator) These gals are both expecting their 3rd, and 2nd children this summer! I love working with them, it is really nice to work with people who become your friends!
After lunch, I got a phone call from Stacy, and then returned home to pick up Charley at my neighbors, and got a Happy Birthday hug and a card from Linda. When I got back to my doorstep, there was a lovely Edible Arrangements bouquet from my dear friend Jill! I was so terribly excited to get this healthy, but with some chocolate gift.
I munched on the beautiful bouquet while I made some work phone calls, and then my sister called to wish me Happy Birthday. After that, I got to chat with Jill on her way home from work, and also one of my favorite little guys, Braden. Just after that, I talked to my mom and planned my birthday dinner cake for Sunday. She is making me a healthy dinner of vegetarian lasagna, baked eggplant, and tossed salad. For dessert, I will have my birthday treat, a homemade ice cream cake! It will start with a yellow cake base, covered in fudge. Then next will be a layer of cake batter ice cream with milky way chunks and sprinkles mixed in. After that, she'll layer it up one more time, and top it with fresh whipped cream and gummy bears! I can't wait to eat it! While I was waiting for Robb to get home from work, I got a Happy Birthday text from his dad, and then, finally, my Honey got home! He came in with a BEAUTIFUL pink bouquet of flowers. He even helped to design it himself by adding pink roses to a stargazer lily, lisianthus, aster, and greenery mix. It smells our whole house up deliciously and is just gorgeous! He also gave me the best card he ever gave me, which of course made me cry (happy tears). We got take out Chinese food from our favorite restaurant, Chin's Pagoda. We dined on the best sesame chicken on the planet, orange chicken, egg foo young, and egg rolls!
It was fabulous. While we were hanging out after dinner, I got a few more Happy Birthday texts from Robb's sister Kendra, and my cousins, Elise, and Sherry. I had the best start to my 30th year possible! Thanks so much to my friends and family for a great day! This weekend or next, depending on if we can leave Charley alone yet or not, we'll do some more celebrating with a "fun day" planned for me by Robb.

No comments: