Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 6

Well, so far, I've made it to day 6. Actually, amazingly, it hasn't been that bad so far. I no longer feel hunger, which left on day 3. My stomach is kinda nauseous here and there, I get hot and cold, don't have much stamina when it comes to exercise, and I no longer have any solids in my body- all to be expected. The crazy thing, is that I haven't had my "cleansing crisis" yet. By now, most people would've gotten pretty ill, as the body is starting to release it's toxins. Either, this is a sign that I already eat very clean (which I think has to do with me on day 6 still feeling ok), or the worst is yet to come...

Today, I shopped at Mustard Seed Market to but only organic vegetables and fruits to take my cleanse to the next level. Although drinking juice is good no matter what you use, not putting any herbicides or pesticides in my body,which is some of what I'm trying to clear out, can only help the process further.

The absolute worst part of the fast is not being hungry or feeling sick, it's smelling and seeing food. It's almost too much to take. Once my nose smells, or eyes see, I have to literally leave the room. Last Thursday, Robb made chicken with cheese and tomato sauce, with cavatelli, and coleslaw, and I had to go outside and garden while he cooked and ate. Today he got a turkey wrap, coleslaw, and pasta salad from Mustard Seed, and ate in the car with me. Luckily, I had something to do (drive) while he ate, so I made it through, but oh my gosh! As a cook, this is hard!!!

So we'll see how this goes. I'm looking forward to day 20 when I reach my maximum clean to see how I feel. I've decided to break my fast on day 20, go back to eating vegan until after my shower, and then start the fast to continue my cleansing until October 1st.

No comments: