Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Juice Fest 2011

This month, and possibly into next, I will be doing a juice fast. I call it a juice fest instead of a fast because I won't be missing anything (but chewing), and will be getting so much nutrients in the way of juice! The theory is to give your digestive system a break, and cleanse your body. Juicing will clear any toxins out of my body, making me clean and healthy! The first week will be extremely rough, as this is when the toxins come out full force, and after that it's smooth sailing, feeling better every day. I will be drinking several juice blends every day for all of my nutrients, as well as taking psyllium husks and bentonite clay. Psyllium husks swell 60 times it's weight and gently scrape out all the stuck toxins in the intestines and colon. It ensures that toxic materials are passed through the colon quickly and effectively. Bentonite clay absorbs and draws out the toxins for extraction by the psyllium husks. In combination with dry skin brushing, drinking lots of water, and taking Epsom salt baths, I should be feeling much cleaner real soon. I'll post updates along the way!This is my new juicer! It's a Breville Juice Fountain Plus. Robb got it for me with some extra money he made working last Saturday. My sad little Juiceman Jr was broken yesterday when I went to start my fest. It melted plastic and smelled like it was burning, so we got this beauty last night! It's amazing! It can juice whole apples, whole, beets, and whole cucumbers, and it does a great job on all the stringy greens. I love it!!

No comments: