Monday, May 16, 2011

I said YES!

The most wonderful thing is going to happen in our lives! We're getting MARRIED!

Here's how Robb proposed...and of course, I said, "YES!"

I had wanted to go to the art museum's lagoon to see the blooming trees on Mother's Day, but we didn't have enough time. Robb suggested that we go on Monday after work to take a walk with Charley. (Isn't he just too cute?!)So, Monday, May 9th, we headed down to the museum on this beautiful sunny day to take a look at the trees. I was walking around, taking pictures of the trees, when we reached the far end of the lagoon. Robb told me to look at this random statue, and while I was staring at it, trying to figure out why he told me to look, I heard him say, "Hey Baby..." I turned around to see Robb on his knee telling me how much he loves me and asking me to marry him. Everything just became a blur, and I said, "YES!" Then he slipped a beautiful handmade-by-him copper ring onto my finger. I cried a little bit, we hugged and kissed, savored the moment, and continued on our walk. He kept the surprises going by telling me that he had booked our ceremony and reception sites that we'd always wanted! He knew that we wanted to get married in the fall, so we are all set up for October 15, 2011! He is the most wonderful guy!

I love that we now have a special spot to visit to celebrate such a special day for years to come. Now the pretty blooming spring trees will always remind me of the day Robb asked me to become his wife! (It's so exciting to say that! :o)See, that's the spot!When we got home, we picked up one of our favorite meals, Dino's chicken picatta, homemade cavitellis, and their fabulous WEDDING SOUP! How perfect!

My diamond ring is in the process of being made, and will be here soon, but Robb didn't want to wait any longer. This June, we planned our first camping trip with Charley to go down to Hocking Hills to celebrate! I love my beautiful ring, and had just the most perfect nail polish to go with it! Traffic Stopper Copper!

2 comments:

Jill said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! Love you guys!! Can't wait for all the wedding fun!

BriAnne Passerell said...

Carisa, I am sooooo happy for the two of you! This story is so special and romantic and I didn't realize but May 9th is Kevin's birthday..I will NEVER forget the day Robb proposed to you! <3 ya!