Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Second Engagement Ring

I am truly the luckiest girl in the whole world. Not only am I about to marry the man of my dreams, I got TWO engagement rings. In addition to my special handmade copper ring that Robb proposed with, I just got this beautiful tension set ring! I love jewelry and jewelry design, so when I first started dreaming of a ring, I stumbled upon tension settings and fell in love. I have wanted this ring for as long as I remember, and nothing else ever came close. This ring is designed by Gelin Abaci, and is style TR-182. A wonderful shop in Ithaca, NY, The Jewelbox helped Robb with his order. They were absolutely wonderful to work with, and I just can't say enough good about them!



What is so special about this ring, is that the center and side diamonds are set without prongs, and are held in place by 65-95lbs of pressure. They are known to be held more secure than traditional prong settings. The beauty of the setting makes it possible for the most light to surround and pass through the stones, making it extremely sparkly!
Side view of ring you can see how there is no metal underneath the diamond. I just can't believe I'm actually wearing it on my finger!!! It doesn't seem real to actually own this ring. Here's the top view. I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, my ring! (AND Robb too :o)

2 comments:

Jill said...

WOW! It is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I LOVE IT!! :-) So happy for you!

Bridget Rossi said...

What a beautiful engagement ring! It looks so elegant. I can only imagine the happiness you felt when you first laid your eyes on it and wore it. Yee, congratulations and best wishes to both of you! =)