Thursday, January 31, 2013

Being Vegan Has So Much Flavor!

For dinner tonight, I was on my own, and I made a dish that Robb doesn't really love...

Curried vegetables with tofu!
On my way home from Boot Camp, I stopped at an Indian grocery store that my friend from work recommended   I went to purchase chai spice mixture, which in case you're ever in an Indian grocers, is actually called Masala Tea spice.  I'm sure it won't be as good as my friend's fresh ground mixture, but it will tide me over until she gives me the recipe...

Anyhow, I picked up the chai spice, some banana plantains (love these), a Chinese eggplant, Garam Masala spice, red lentils, and tamarind concentrate.  I love what you can find in these specialty grocers!

So, tonight for dinner, I made a coconut curry dish, with tofu, carrots, broccoli, tomato, and Chinese eggplant.  It's SO yummy!  To jazz it up a bit, I chopped some lemongrass to make it more citrusy.  Although I miss having it over rice because the sauce really makes a great "rice soup", it's delicious all the same.  And I even have leftovers for lunch tomorrow!  :o)

No comments: