Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Good Eats

So, the whole "pick a food of the week" thing hasn't happened this week...  But I've been eating some pretty delicious meals in the mean time!  I had a bunch of recipes I've been wanting to try.  6 weeks is a long time, so I'm sure I'll get there. 

So by popular demand, people want to know WHAT I've been eating, being vegan and on a strict diet.  I will try to post some of my meals, so you know I'm not starving, and getting plenty of nutrients!

I sat down and planned ALL my meals out for this whole week, and I've been eating good!  

This was my lunch today, one of my favorite vegan salads, ever! (so far)

Introducing Chick Pea-Avocado Salad
It's so easy (really, Jill, it is).
Just smash one can of chick peas with one avocado, juice of a lime, a handful of cilantro (I like a lot), and some green onion.  Season with salt and pepper if you want, I don't and it's delicious.  And enjoy!
You can put in on bread for a sandwich, or do like me and make lettuce boats.  I topped my salad with tomatoes  mushrooms, and sprouts!  
Delish!


No comments: