Monday, January 14, 2013

Right Up There With The Shuttle Launch!

I got my birthday present early...

I'm going to Chicago to see these people!
You may know them better like this... 
I'm going to a Star Trek Convention!!!

Ok, if you didn't know, I'm a big Trekkie   My favorite series is the Next Generation.  In 5th grade, I was Dr. Crusher for Halloween, the redhead in the teal.  I had the complete costume, with communicator, and for the first time ever, convinced my mom to dye my hair red.  It was one of my favorite costumes.  

Also, during high school volleyball, our J.O. regionals were always held in Columbus, at the same convention center as a Star Trek Convention.  Although I was there for a totally different reason, I spent my breaks, looking around tables at Klingon weapons, wishing I could have more time with the Trekkies.

So, for my birthday this year, I found out that the entire cast will be doing a reunion at the convention, and I wanted to go SO bad.  Chances like this come along once in a lifetime- kinda like the shuttle launch. 

Tonight, Robb said that we will go as my birthday present!  
OK!!!!

We will spend the days at the convention, but the best part is that I will be at a 90 minute reunion presentation, AND get my picture taken with Captain Picard (Patrick Stewart) and Lt. Commander Data (Brent Spiner)!  How ridiculously cool is that!  (I will be so nervous and star struck, I'm sure)

I have much to do before May.. I have to figure out who to dress up as, and Robb wants to be a working Borg.  Tall order, but he's very creative, and as an electrician, can wire just about anything to be robotic.  

THANKS HONEY!!!  I can't WAIT!!!!!!

1 comment:

BriAnne Passerell said...

Aww, so sweet of Robb and so cool! That is so exciting for you. Enjoy!