Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ferrante's!

I am so lucky to have a wonderful soon-to-be-sister-in-law that I have so much in common with! Kelsey is Robb's younger sister. She just graduated from Cornell this May, and now lives in Kansas. After my surprise birthday gift of cheesecake and cab franc ice wine, we discovered that we share a love for good wine. And even better, we both have an extreme love for cheesecake and ice wine! Kelsey took a very interesting wine class at Cornell and is becoming quite the connoisseur.


During the week she was home in between Cornell and Kansas, while Robb was camping with the guys, Kelsey and I went out to Ferrantes for dinner. She had never been there before, and I just had to take her to where the cab franc ice wine comes from!Needless to say, we had the best time! We a nice appetizer, and sampled and compared of all of Ferrantes wines. Kelsey had a perfectly cooked fillet for dinner, and I had this langosteen manicotti. Langosteens are like crayfish lobster shrimp creatures, that were absolutely delicious! For dessert we split a delicious piece of cheesecake, drizzled with raspberry sauce, and polished off a whole bottle of ice wine. YUM! We chatted late into the night, until we realized we were pretty much the last ones in the restaurant! It was time to go. :o(
Thanks Kelsey, for introducing me to such delicious flavors that I'm now addicted to, and for being a wonderful friend! I see many more trips to Ferrante's in our future...

No comments: