Sunday, July 24, 2011

Night Ride

Another thing I did while Robb was camping was go on a night ride on the tow path. I like to go as much as I can, so this was a perfect time to go on a nice ride. It's like pulling teeth trying to get Robb to go on a night ride, since he doesn't like how far it is away (about 1hr), but with no teeth to pull, I was on my way. The ride is about 15 miles and takes about an hour. We start out in the daylight and come back at night with our bike lights leading us back. I am kinda paranoid now about the night part, since last year I think I smushed a frog and felt so bad I can't get over it. This time at the turn around, I didn't stay long so I don't have to ride too much in the dark in fear of smushing frogs..It had rained a bit for a few days on and off, so the river that went along side the bike path was raging! There are a lot of bikers that go on the night ride.We start off gathering for the ride by the train tracks, and then head into the woods on the tow path.


**Warning- then next bunch of photos were taken while I was riding, so excuse the slight blurriness, I'm that fast. :o) Cool tunnel we ride through My beautiful biking face!This is a new freeway bridge that just got finished with construction. We've been watching them slowly build this for years on our rides. Oh and see the puddles? Those were small ones. By the time I got back to my car, my feet were soaked, and my back and bike were covered in mud! It keeps you cool and keep the bugs away. I don't mind that much. Frog alert area. Frog pond.


Luckily I made it without smushing any frogs, although there was a very close call! I need one of those deer sirens that they put on cars for frogs on my bike. Mmmm, invention?

No comments: